Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe


About a year ago I began reading through The Chronicles of Narnia In “Published order.” That is, I started with The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and followed it with Prince Caspian. When I decided I wanted to read these books recently I was surprised to find out that they were recently re-published in chronological order! Apparently this has stirred some controversy. Wikipedia has the break-down on it, if you are interested.

As for The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, it is such a beautiful story. Gorgeous imagery. Fantastic characters. All in all, a wonderful story. I loved it when I was a kid, and I am even more pleased with it reading it as an adult. The most memorable scene in the book from when I read it years ago was the chapter on Turkish Delight. I was so intrigued with Turkish Delight after reading it that to this day I am dying to try some! I still haven't tried it. Maybe I should go find a recipe :) .

Click here to find this wonderful classic at SPL.

No comments: