Friday, January 19, 2007

Here Lies the Librarian


"Twister in the Graveyard" is the intriguing title of the first chapter in this book by Richard Peck. In the midst of the mess made by the tornado, we are introduced to Peewee and big brother Jake, a couple of young auto mechanics hoping to cash in on the automobile boom that is sure to come their way once the road up to their shop is paved. Their lives (and the town) are then turned even more upside down when three modern young librarians arrive to rejuvenate the closed public library. This story is filled with wonderful, quirky characters and plenty of suprises that kept me gleefully turning the pages. I'm not going to say much more because I don't want to give away too much, but I will tell you that a rather exhilarating car race takes place. This is the first Richard Peck book I've read and I'm now quite eager to read more (even the ones that aren't about librarians :). I highly recommend this book, and if you'd like to find Here Lies the Librarian at SPL, click here.

No comments: